Friday, February 8, 2013
Liebster Award nominations
I had three bloggers nominate me for a Liebster Award. The A Boy Named Silas blog, the Out One Ear blog, and the I Can Say Mama blog . Thank you! Now I have some questions to answer.
Questions from "A Boy Named Silas":
1. Think of the day your child received his or her diagnosis. What is the first word that comes to mind? Damn it
2. Who is your favorite doctor, specialist, or therapist for your child and why? Andy's Neurologist, Dr. Harry Chugani, has made me feel like I deserve a break from Andy's crazy temper tantrums and has been the only one to offer a drug that brings him down a few notches.
3. What symptom of your child's disability breaks your heart the most? That he can't communicate with me, he can't tell me how he feels or what he wants.
4. What symptom of your child's disability is actually somewhat endearing? How he shows love, by putting his arm over his ear with a fist, and cooing at us very excitedly.
5. What is something your child is REALLY good at? Crying and making messes
6. In three words, describe how you have changed after becoming a special-needs parent. No I anymore.
7. How has having a special-needs child impacted your spiritual life? It's brought me back to prayer.
8. Would you take away your child's disability if you could? Why or why not? Hell yes. This has been such a nightmare.
9. What is the most disrespectful thing anyone has ever said to you or your child? "I thought you said your kid was three, the toys you are buying are like for a six month old".
10. "One thing I wish more people realized about my child is ..." That he is disabled.
11. If you were to articulate all the wishes you have for your child, what would they be? That he could have all the abilities that every kid is given just by being born.
Questions from "Out One Ear":
Questions from "I Can Say Mama":
1. What household task do you hate the most? Cleaning toilets
2. Which positive event or situation from your childhood do you remember the most? Girl Scouts
3. If you had a time machine to go back in time, would you change anything in your life? What would it be? I can't think of anything to change.
4. Do you do any sports? I enjoy ice skating
5. Which famous person would you choose to have dinner with? Lady Gaga
6. Name three things (not persons!) you cannot live without. Music, Love, and Humor
7. Something you would love to be able to do but never learnt or are not talented enough for? Playing the piano or guitar
8. What is your most favourite song of all times?
9. What would you do if you won 1 million Dollars in the lottery? My husband could quit his job and we could travel more
10. Your favourite meal? Cheese Ravioli
11. What do you see when you look out of the window right now? Beautiful Golden tall grass
Here are eleven random things about myself and Andy:
1. I don't mind watching Andy's favorite show, "Yo, Gabba Gabba" and I enjoy the songs.
2. I'm a Lady Gaga fan, and have seen her in concert twice.
3. Listening to the Black Eyed Peas CD "The END" calms Andy down more than anything else.
4. I wish I could have more normal children, but I'm afraid to have any more.
5. Meeting my husband was the best thing that ever happened to me.
6. Being a mom was my dream job in life.
7. I really enjoyed writing long papers in college, and loved going to school.
8. Andy loves watching children play.
9. Even though the kids can be quite a pain, I really miss them when they aren't around.
10. Depeche Mode is my all time favorite band. R.E.M is a close second.
11. I like planning and organizing events.
Here are my questions for the nominees:
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
2. What was the worst job or least enjoyable job you've had?
3. What is your favorite television show?
4. What is your favorite movie?
5. What are your pet peeves?
6. What are your guilty pleasures?
7. Where do you like to travel to?
8. What do you like to do with your free time if you get any?
9. What do you do for fun when you are able to?
10. What kinds of music do you like most?
11. Who is your favorite actor and actress?
I would like to nominate these bloggers:
Marie Clare at Peaks and Valleys
Jessica at Thomas Marshall Does it All
Here are the rules:
Liebster Award Rules
1. You must thank the person who gave you this award
2. You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
3. You should nominate 3-5 or 11 (there are different rules out there) up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 subscribers
4. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5. Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6. Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7. Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post.
8. Don't give the award back to the blog that gave it to you.